Weddings! I love weddings! Drinks all around!

I apologize for taking so long to write! It has been so busy! Our high school friends got hitched in May, and I got engaged in June! Now I am planning my own wedding! I must say that it is so weird being on the other side! I realize now that I like being behind the scenes because I embarrass myself when I am in the center of attention! hehe. But enough about me!!

Our May wedding was a blast and a one-of-a-kind wedding! We were lucky enough to be the coordinators while still being a guest at parts of the reception. The reception took place in the backyard of the bride's parents house which is a medium sized backyard with a pool. At first we weren't sure how to fit 150 people in this backyard, but by using some space saving techniques we made it work even better than we thought it would!

How to save space:
  1. Put the DJ in a creative spot! We put him on the balcony overlooking the back yard so he took up no space at all!
  2. Use existing architecture! For a previous wedding, we tucked the place cards in tulle that was wrapped around the balcony post!
  3. Use square tables! By lining up "picnic" type tables, we fit 150 chairs in a circle around the dance floor! We thought we would have to collapse some off the dance floor after dinner if we couldn't fit them in, but it saved so much space, that we didn't put any on the dance floor!
  4. Put the cake out of the way of danger! We put the cake on the other side of the pool where people were not likely to damage it. It also helped spread out the onlookers when it came to cake cutting time because they had to stay on the other side of the pool!
  5. Use the house! We put the caterer inside, cleared the dining room of furniture and set up a buffet. Also, we set up the kitchen as a bar where the bartender served drinks. He even made margaritas!
The event was amazing! The tables circled the dance floor, which was great because when the dancing started, guests could stay seated. My favorite part was the bride and groom's first dance because their guests blew bubbles onto the dance floor while they waltzed across the floor! It was truly magical!! Bubbles everywhere!

The food was amazing! Thank you Blue Agave for helping us create another event with food that was amazing enough to make my mouth water!!

The first photo was taken by Susan Nunn Photography at a previous wedding, and the second and third photo was taken by Gabriel Owens Photography.

Comments

Unknown said…
Isn't Blue Agave AMAZING!!!!???? I was lucky enough to have a teacher luncheon catered by them a few months ago. I couldn't believe how good it was!!! YUM! That wedding sounds like great fun!

Popular Posts